I know when you’re longing for a natural birth after previous trauma it can seem an impossible goal.
Yet after supporting dozens of women to have peaceful, empowering, natural births that put them back in the driving seat of their life I have absolute confidence that it’s possible FOR YOU to have a birth like this too. The Nourishing Motherhood approach is a harmonious balance of intuition and modern science to help YOU thrive in body, mind and soul.Book a Free Chat
You may currently feel:
—Your instincts failed and you lost trust in your body, your sense of self, and the value of what you wanted.
—You’ve lost confidence in your ability to speak up and be heard.
—You’re disappointed that the people around you didn’t seem to listen to your fears and concerns, and spoke as if they believed they were more concerned for your baby than you were…
…or you may blame yourself and be carrying around a heap of guilt.
If you’ve ever felt threatened, discouraged, discounted or ignored then you’re in the right place. I’ve successfully helped dozens of women to unpick these issues, connect to their unwavering strength, and find a powerful way forward in their birth and postnatal period.
I help women with previous traumatic births heal and gain confidence that they really can have a natural homebirth.
I’ll be honest with you I didn’t know how I felt about hiring a stranger as a doula, but when I met you I felt so calm, and when you arrived for the birth it was really peaceful. My husband asked me if he would attend the birth if you were going to be there, and he was really reserved about it all, but when he met you he said he felt calm too. He was so grateful to have you there so we didn’t have a situation like last time. We both felt calm this time and it was really different.
For centuries we’ve had holistic traditions surrounding birth in every country and culture, but the current maternity system is way off-track. Whilst no one will argue with life saving operations, a rate of (as of May 2019, NHS Monthly Statistics*) 10 per cent instrumental assistance & 29 percent cesarean sections can surely be improved.
Nourishing Motherhood invites you to a time when:
- Women took care of women from pre-conception right through to the postnatal period.
- Experienced mothers of large families would offer hands-on bodywork, herbal remedies, emotional support and sharing the inherited wisdom about what has worked for other women of our tribe.
You’re not alone if your last experience has left you feeling shaken, full of uncertainty, and wondering how you will cope with birthing this baby.
There are hurdles to overcome…but with holistic support your confidence and trust that YOU will experience normality will be sky high and prayerfully hopeful.
When you undertake a journey of healing transformation I know that it’s possible for you to:
- Have an exhilarating, energising labour and birth that leaves you feeling high and ready to bond with and feed your baby.
- Cry with gratitude ‘I DID it!’ and enter a sacred postnatal period that protects you and your baby from harm.
- Realign you with your ancestral inheritance of normality in order to pass on wisdom to younger women who follow.
- Embrace the Wise Woman WITHIN YOU and become the mother and matriarch you truly desire to be as a legacy to your family.
Hiring a Holistic Doula helps you towards total health for your family. I support you and your baby during pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period and protect your desire for normality in all parts of your life.This is an opportunity to physically and emotionally reclaim autonomy over your precious body, and set new beliefs in motion that will retell your family story.
Discover how you too can become a homebirthing Mama:Book a Free Chat
But above all, she ought to be qualified with the fear of God, which is the principal thing in every state and condition, and will furnish her on all occasions both with knowledge and discretion.
Aristotle on the qualities of a birth supporter.
Basic Doula package also includes postnatal debriefing and breastfeeding support.
- https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-information/publications/statistical/maternity-services-monthly-statistics/may-2019, accessed 31/08/2019