I’m grateful to be a mother of 7 children born between 1999 and 2012. From ‘Irish triplets’ : to premature (breech) twins : to singletons with a four year gap; we’ve had a roller coaster of experience along the way.
I started doula’ing in 2003 and have been involved in breastfeeding support since 2004. I’ve worked as a Breastfeeding Counsellor on national helplines, in the hospital, and running local groups. Historically I sat on the MSLC (now Maternity Voice Partnerships) and volunteered for Bliss.
I currently practice as a doula, homeopath, fertility educator and hands-on myofascial release therapist (Bowen Therapy is a soft tissue corrective therapy for muscle-related pain relief and structural alignment).
I believe we have been created to worship and know God, and gaining closeness to Him during birthing can bring some of the sweetest moments of our life. It’s beautiful to me that in the raw, whirling energy of birth we can experience some of our most peaceful, ecstatic and humbling moments of spirituality.
I work with women of all faiths, and none, and would love to be part of protecting your journey and sacred space.
So God said, ‘Truly, the heavens and the earth were too weak to contain Me, but the soft, humble heart of my believing slave contains Me’.
I LOVE to learn and have taken short courses or gained certified training in:
- Ayurveda for Midwives, (Terra Rafael).
- Fertility Awareness, (Billings).
- Antenatal Education, (Antenatal Wisdom, Amani Birth).
- Traditional Postpartum Doula, (The Nafsa Project School).
- Baby Massage, (Birthlight)
- Breastfeeding Counselling, (ABM, LLL, Health-e-Learning)
- Birth (Doula) Support, (Paramana Doula).
- Midwifery (6 months NHS, CPD Gloria Lemay, CPD Sara Wickham).
- When Survivors Give Birth (Penny Simkin)
- Applied Myoskeletal Therapy, (Pelvis & Lumbar, Upper Torso, Neck, Lower Extremities: John Garfield).
- Fascial Release Therapy (Cert. CBS Bowen + Neurological + Mother & Baby).
- Fascia Bowen, (Jo Wortley).
- Importance of Symmetry, (Robert Smith).
- Scar Tissue Release, (1-1 with A. McLaughlin).
- Herbalism, (Laura Carpenter, Antenatal Wisdom).
- Classical and Practical Homeopathy, (BIH, IACH, Erik van Woensel CPD, CHE CPD, Banerji Protocols).
- Counselling, (BACP Level 2, Open University Level 3).
- Chaplaincy, (Markfield Institute of Higher Education).
- Life Coaching, (Healing With Hind).
- Indian Head Massage, (Allergy Help).
- Nutrition, (Plaskett International).
- Kinesiology, (Touch for Health).
- Montessori Education, (Karen Tyler, Keys to the Universe).
- Essential Oils for Birth, (Village Midwives)
- Birth Art Cafe Days 1&2.
- EFT, (Jaqui Crooks Level 1,2,3).
For comprehensive fertility support please visit: Rahma Healing