When the midwives told us the baby was breech my heart leaped and sunk, and all I was feeling was panic, but you said ‘Oh, how exciting, BREECH!’ and then you were so calm I felt everything was going to be ok.
– First time Dad whose daughter was undiagnosed breech; until her bottom half appeared.
What I liked about having Khadija by my side during my labour and the reason for why I asked her to accompany me for three of my births is her calmness and composure. It made me feel reassured.. I knew she was there IF I needed her but at the same time she didn’t fuss over me if I didn’t! She helped me to labour in my own way and never imposed her opinions or preferences about birthing on me.. I would never want anyone else by my side during labour!
– Mum of 4, with a first birth that was physically and emotionally traumatic.
Thank you so much. We did it! My husband is so grateful not to have gone through the trauma of last time.
– Mum of 4 with a VBA2C
Khadijah’s information, encouragement and wisdom enabled me to experience pregnancy and labour in its full beauty. Words cannot describe how grateful I am for her support. Not only is Khadijah well versed in explaining what to expect from the formal aspects of midwifery care, but she has a deep sense of intuition. Her love of nature, life and humanity allowed me to form a deep and everlasting connection with her based on trust and understanding. It was this very trust that allowed me to experience a calm, tranquil birth where I could allow my body to do its work and deliver my baby into the world.
– Mum of 3 with gestational diabetes who had a planned home birth (with paramedics present). Labour went faster than expected and the midwife did not arrive on time.
Having Khadijah accompany me during my later stages of pregnancy, whether in my home or later at the maternity unit, unfolds many cherished memories for me. Within those later moments when deep pain penetrated I have clear images of sweet giggly moments to numb the pain. I felt completely at ease and relieved having her within my space at such a precious time, she was “quietly there” at moments when “I” wanted her to be and other times she was picking up on my needs through a natural instinct given to someone whom clearly taps into and listens to what her clients needs are. An example of this is that I really felt uncomfortable with the midwife allocated to me, I did not explicitly voice my dislike of this yet Khadijah had picked up on my exact thoughts and liaised with staff, quietly in the background for another midwife. It was done in such a tactful and gentle manner.
– Busy Mum of 5 who wanted a doula present; just for her.
– First-time mother who spent the last week in hospital for observation. Despite pressure to induce this Uber (teen) Mama got her spontaneous normal birth through her sheer focus and determination to make informed choices that felt right to her.
– Mum of two; normal birth after a challenging first birth with a large tear.